“Love is in the air everywhere I look around
Love is in the air every sight and every sound
And I don’t know if I’m being foolish
Don’t know if I’m being wise
But it’s something that I must believe in
And it’s there when I look in your eyes”
Sorry I’m not about to break out into John Paul Young’s song, Have you started singing it in your head yet?
I’m not about to start ballroom dancing either, even though I loved “Strictly Ballroom” (maybe I’ll watch that again tonight)!
Now that I have your attention! Valentines Day is just around the corner, a day to remember our loved ones. Valentines Day is also International Book Giving Day! Why is International Book Day held the same day? It is a day devoted to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children and providing access to books for children in need. For this reason I decided this year as a special treat I would focus on my love of reading and sharing that love with children.
How am I doing that? In case you haven’t heard by now, I have joined a group of fantastic Indie Authors to help spread the love in a Blog Hop devoted to the love of books and a giveaway of some of their ‘s (and my) awesome children’s books. More on that later, for now, please read and enjoy, then read the other #gr8blogs listed below for more fun loving book inspiration. Don’t forget when you finish reading to be sure to enter the rafflecopter competition for your chance to win one of 14 amazing picture books and ebooks so that you too, can help share and spread the love of books with children everywhere!
- I love the smell of opening the pages of a freshly printed new book.
- I love snuggling with a child and sharing the wonder and surprise of what they find inside the story.
- I love that stories can take you on adventures to far off places and unknown worlds of discovery and imagination.
- I love that books are filled with endless opportunities to learn.
- I love that you can escape everyday reality for awhile inside the pages of a fantasy, mystery or adventure.
- I love the fact that sharing a book with a child is time well spent, a bonding time and memory building time.
- I love reading a book to an eager class of wide eyes, and watching the anticipation on their faces as I reach the climax.
- I love reading a book that inspires a child to write their own imaginative story or draw a wondrous illustration.
- I love hearing a child ask to hear a favourite bedtime story read aloud “just one more time!”
- I love it when they fall asleep clutching their favourite story and you know they are dreaming of that special world.
Can you think of any other reasons to love reading? I’m sure there are plenty more. Leave a comment below, I would love to know what you think.
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing a bit of the reading love of International Book Giving Day. Don’t forget to read these other #gr8t blogs from my fab author friends. It’s not too late to join our Rafflecopter competition either. Entries close 15th Feb so you still have time to share in the love of our book giveaway. While you’re reading these blogs check out these authors awesome books you might like a chance to win!